2/11/2008

Our First Scandal

It was a busy campaign weekend, which started on Saturday morning at the A. Philip Randolph Institute monthly meeting at the Longshoremens Hall. I have been going to APRI meetings since I got elected, because I think it is one of the most credible, serious activist organizations in the state. However, this was the first time I had appeared as a candidate for Lieutenant Governor.

Everything went great. Adam and Zach came with me and were well behaved, I gave my standard remarks about my campaign’s focus on the welfare of children and fielded a lot of questions, and then the crowd serenaded me with “Happy Birthday.” Then I went to the back of the room to get my kids, and one of the members said “Hey, Mr. Save the Children. That kid’s shoes are on the wrong feet.” And he was right.

Video to follow.

No comments: