2/19/2008

Testify!

As we get ready to launch the campaign’s new web site, one of the things that we are doing is gathering up some of the thank you letters that I have received from consumers that I went to bat for as Insurance Commissioner. You will be hearing from these consumers during the campaign, because I think that the way that I fought for people in my current job says a lot about how I view being a public servant and how I will act as Lieutenant Governor. Some of the ones that I came across yesterday (names changed until we get the families' ok to use real names):

“Without your help, Mary would have been unable to go to Sloan-Kettering hospital in New York. Sloan Kettering is the only hospital that could provide the treatment Mary required. As of November, Mary is in remission. It is highly unlikely that remission would have been possible if it were not for your help and God’s. There are so many people that fall through the cracks because they are not aware that there is help through you and your office. We cannot thank you enough for your help.”

“I don’t know what you did, but whatever happened, you certainly got results! My uncle started receiving checks within two weeks…This has been so hard on all of us, but especially my dear uncle. I hated watching him struggle without any way of helping him and you gave me that way.”

“My mom received her chemotherapy pills the next morning at 10:00 am. They must have flown the prescription, because I emailed you at 5pm the night before with the problem. Anyway mom was happy. She looked at us and said ‘What do people do, that don’t have a Matt Denn?’”

No comments: