12/21/2007

Denn Boy Tour '07

I am out of the office today and watching the boys, who are on “vacation” from the grueling rigors of finger painting and recess. I have no idea what to do with them until Michele gets home from work in the afternoon. They love going to the library, so I have come up with the novel idea of killing a few hours by going on a barnstorming tour of three different libraries. They can read, I can get some work done, and the constant change of scenery should forestall any organized rebellion until at least lunchtime. For national security reasons, I cannot disclose which libraries we are going to.

The next couple of weeks of the campaign are tough—with the holidays going on people are busy, and there really aren’t too many events where it is appropriate to campaign. But don’t despair: as long as my cell phone is working and there are rich people who don’t recognize my phone number on their caller ID, there is still productive work to be done for the campaign. Eventually I am going to be reduced to buying disposable cell phones at 7-11 in order to make sure my fundraising calls get through.

No comments: