11/23/2007

Jack, John...I Am Sorry


As you know, both of our candidates for Governor are firm advocates of living a healthy lifestyle. They both believe that we should eat better and exercise more, in order to improve our health and the state's overall well-being. They are right about that. It is therefore with a mixed sense of pride, remorse, and lingering indigestion that I report to you that I emerged victorious in the Churchillean struggle within the Denn family over whether I would be permitted to prepare Paula Deen's Fried Stuffing on a Stick at this year's Thanksgiving. My niece Julia is modeling the results of my work in this photo.
The good news: no one was injured during the preparation of the Fried Stuffing, and it actually tasted awesome. The bad news: no one except me and my brother in law would do anything other than taste it, and after I consumed a full serving and some of the boys', I not only was unable to eat anything else on my plate, I also felt for about an hour like I did in Little League after I had the wind knocked out of me by a collision at home plate.
I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving. Mrs. Denn has to work today, so depending on how cold it is, the boys and I will be in the Wilmington Christmas parade in the morning and then visiting the Delaware State/UD tailgate in the early afternoon.

No comments: